We’re not much into typecasting. We think that smart people appreciate a smarter approach to mobile service and so that’s what we endeavor to provide.
Techies, families and seniors alike have discovered that simply paying for what they use is the most sensible approach to cell phone service.
That said, there are a few broad archetypes we’ve noticed from our conversations with Ting customers. Your own approach to mobile might not fit neatly into one of these convenient pigeonholes. Chances are, you’ll recognize something of yourself in at least one of these categories, though. Let us know which user(s) you relate to in the comments below!
Whatever the case, if you’re looking to spend $25 a month or less on your cell phone bill, we’d argue there’s no better way than Ting.
You probably own…
- A flagship Android smartphone or the latest iPhone.
You might be this if…
- You look for Wi-Fi everywhere you go.
- You switch phones more often than you’d care to admit.
- You’re constantly keeping track of your usage in the Ting dashboard and through the Ting mobile app.
- You look for tips and tricks to spend less on your monthly phone bill, like pre-downloading podcasts, music, maps and reddit, along with using Google Hangouts over Wi-Fi to call any number for free.
- You tell all your friends and family members about Ting, taking advantage of the Ting Refer a Friend program to get account credit for every successful referral.