Grads: Here’s our gift to you
Sarah Georges • June 24, 2014if( has_post_thumbnail( $post_id ) ): ?>
Grads, we know how tough it can be to transition from school life into adulthood. Take it from us, you’re likely going to encounter some hefty expenses now that you’ve entered the ‘real world’. Fortunately, your cell phone bill doesn’t have to be one of them.
That’s why we’re offering any recent college or high school grads the opportunity to snag a refurb Optimus Elite device, on us! Simply purchase the device, activate it on a new Ting account, and we’ll credit your account in the full amount ($83). It’s just our little way of saying congrats and good luck!
Here’s how it works:
1. Purchase your Optimus Elite while supplies last here before July 14 and create your new Ting account.
2. Once you receive your device, activate it on your account before September 30, 2014.
3. Submit your proof of graduation in the form below. Your proof must be an official diploma or acknowledgement of graduation from a US college or high school.
Ready to submit?
If you’ve activated your Optimus Elite on your account, go ahead and fill out this form in order to receive your credit! Please allow 72 hrs from the time you submit the form for the $83 credit to appear in your account. The name on the account MUST match the name on your proof of graduation. Click here to see a list of accepted proof of graduation!
The Fine Print:
1. You must be a US high school or college grad in order to qualify for this offer. You must have graduated in the 2014 calendar year.
2. This promotion is limited to new accounts on Ting.
3. You must purchase and activate your Optimus Elite and submit your form between June 24, 2014 and 11:59pm ET on September 30, 2014. Devices purchased and/or activated outside of this time frame are not eligible for the promotion.
4. Only the refurbished Optimus Elite purchased from Ting is eligible for the subsidy.
5. This promotion is valid while supplies list. We anticipate to sell out, so don’t delay if you want to take advantage of this promotion!
6. Limit of one Optimus Elite subsidy per new Ting account.
7. No returns. Defective devices will be replaced.
8. The name of the new Ting account holder must be the same as the name on the submitted diploma.
How does the Ting Graduation Gift work?
Purchase an LG Optimus Elite (refurb) at ting.com/shop and open your new account at the same time. Activate that phone and then head over here to submit the form to let us know. You’ll want to have a pdf of your diploma handy so you can upload that with your submission. We’ll issue a service credit on your account for the value of the phone within 72 hours.
Can I purchase another device instead?
No. This promotion is only applicable to the Refurbished LG Optimus Elite.
How long does the promotion last?
You’ll have until 11:59pm ET on September 30, 2014 to activate your phone and get your form submitted.
What kind of credit will I get?
You’ll get a service credit for the value of the phone ($83) on your Ting account.
What if I purchased an Optimus Elite before June 24, 2014?
Devices purchased before the start date of the promotion aren’t eligible for the Graduation Gift credit.
Who is eligible for this promotion?
US Students graduating from high school or college in 2014 are eligible for this promotion.
Can I purchase more than one Optimus Elite in this promotion?
No. We’re betting that 99% of you are only graduating once this year so we’re limiting this promotion to one device per new Ting account.
Does the name on the new Ting account need to match the name on the submitted diploma?
Yes, it does.
I already have an Ting account. Am I eligible for this promotion?
Not this one, no. This promotion is just to help out new grads setting up new accounts.
Can I use a referral code when purchasing my Optimus Elite?
Yes, you can.
What if I purchase an Optimus Elite from Glyde?
The promotion doesn’t cover devices purchased through Glyde. Make sure you’re purchasing a refurbished Optimus Elite from Ting.com and not a used device from Glyde.
If I don’t like the device, can I return it for a refund?
No, as this is a free device, we won’t be accepting any returns. However, defective devices will be replaced within 30 days of purchase.
Accepted Proof of Graduation
We’ll accept any of the following proof of graduation in order to qualify for this promotion. All proof must include your full name:
1. Official Diploma
2. Official Transcript from your final year
3. Degree Progress Report
4. Photo from your graduation ceremony along with a copy of your student ID card
5. Official communication from a faculty member acknowledging your graduation