Simple living: How to save money on your cell phone bill
Ting Staff • July 27, 2018if( has_post_thumbnail( $post_id ) ): ?>
The definition of frugal: why living on the cheap is so great
Let’s talk about how to save money and be more frugal. What does it mean to be frugal? Frugal living is all about being more careful with your money, learning to be more resourceful and creative and realizing the things that you believe are truly important.
Rather than being miserly like Ebenezer Scrooge, people who commit to frugal simple living know how to spend their money wisely in order to become happier and get the most bang for their buck.
Some tips on how to save money
Living simply doesn’t always come naturally to many people. In order to be frugal, take a hard look at your expenses and see where you can pinch pennies. Here are a few of our favorite tips for how to save money if you’re on a tight budget:
- Cook your own meals in advance on the weekends so you won’t have to buy a pricey lunch at work every day. Remember to store the leftovers!
- Subscribe to newsletters from stores and supermarkets so that you’ll be notified about sales and discounts. Use an app like Flipp that will let you do that from your phone – just don’t be tempted to break your budget. Try shopping at thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales.
- Don’t waste the items you buy such as beauty and cleaning products. You can even experiment with your own natural alternatives, like baking soda instead of toothpaste.
- Set up reminders to pay your bills, so that you won’t forget and get hit with a nasty late fee.
Extreme frugality tips
If you’re ready to take things to the next level, these extreme frugality tips are not for the faint-hearted:
- Reuse items like plastic bags, stretch your dish soap with water and hunt for change in the couch.
- Cut your cable services. You can get all your programming with our cord cutter tips.
- Ditch the bloated lifestyle and move into a tiny home. You’ll use less resources than ever before.
How to save on your cell phone
Of course, you can also save money on your cell phone bill as well. Ting has a flexible pricing model where you only pay for what you need, so there’s no need to waste money on unused data. We even have a quick and easy guide for how you can get a phone line and 500 megabytes of data for just $16 every month.
Even traveling and vacations can be affordable with the right know-how. Check out our data saving tips and tricks for the summer.
Saving money doesn’t have to be hard
While it can be tough to get started on the road to frugality, you can tackle it with the right tools, tips and tricks. Keep an eye out for products and services that help you learn how to save money and have stellar recommendations from customers like you. See how Ting is helping the Elliott family save $110 every month on their cell phone bill.
What is Ting Mobile anyway?
Learn about Ting, how it works and what you’d save. Sounds good? Get $25 to try it for yourself risk-free!Learn More!