Five things to do with old cell phones
- Repurpose it: Hack it, modify it, use it in a project.
- Activate it: Pass it on or use it as an emergency phone.
- Give it away: Plenty of charitable organizations would love to have it.
- Sell it: Make a few bucks if it still has some life.
- Recycle it: Find a reputable recycler.
If you’ve got old cell phones collecting dust in a drawer, you are certainly not alone. With hardware upgrade cycles being what they are, we’ve probably all got a few kicking around.
Rather than trashing them or leaving them to collect yet more dust, here are five things you can do with an old device.