We believe in doing things differently and empowering the underdog. We're changing the industry because we’re tired of business as usual too.
At Ting and Tucows, we’re building and nurturing a culture of unstoppable enthusiasm.
VP, Sales and Marketing
We treat people like the smart, informed customers they are and give them the tools to control how they use our services. We don’t believe in profiting off of confusion.
What we believe in
Ting is built on customer service. We empower our teams with the tools and knowledge to help customers, and then we get out of their way so they can do it.
Clarity and honesty
Too often, Mobile and Internet service providers rely on confusion to turn a profit. We don’t. We promote clarity and give people the info they need to make informed decisions.
A free and open Internet
We’re passionate advocates of the principles of net neutrality. We support a free and open Internet in word and deed. Ting will never block, throttle or otherwise interfere with the online access of our customers.
Organizations we support
How we’re doing
We’ve grown a lot since we started in 2012. Here are a few milestones
- JuneTing brings crazy fast fiber Internet to the first businesses in Sandpoint, ID.
- JuneTing announces Ting TV, really smart TV, will be coming soon to Ting Towns.
- JanuaryTing ranks second in Consumer Reports’ 2017 guide to cell phones and services.
- NovemberTing sponsored StarCraft 2 player Neeb wins three of the four World Championship Series (WCS) Circuit tournaments that were up for grabs in 2017.
- JulyTing takes part in a massive Day of Action to Save Net Neutrality. We vow to continue to support and uphold the principles of a free and open Internet.
- FebruaryTing Mobile celebrates its fifth birthday. Kind of a big deal.
- JanuaryTing lights the first customers on its fiber network in Holly Springs, NC.
- SeptemberCentennial, CO announced as the next Ting Town and becomes the biggest Ting Town to date.
- AugustTing drops its data rates to $10/GB beyond the first. For everyone.
- MayTing opens the inaugural Ting Makerspace in Westminster, MD.
- AprilTing sponsors Neeb, the #1 US StarCraft II Pro player.
- MarchSandpoint, ID announced as as Ting Town.
- DecemberGizmodo shares Ting’s video in their list of the 6 Best Things That Happened to the Internet This Year.
- NovemberFor the second consecutive year, Consumer Reports includes Ting as one of the best cell phone carriers in their annual cell phone service ratings.
- OctoberWe announce that we’ve chosen family-focused Holly Springs, NC as the next Ting Town to receive its own fiber optic network with gigabit Internet access.
- JulyNATOA awards Westminster, MD and Ting as “Community Broadband Innovative Partnership of the Year” in their 2015 Community Broadband Awards.
- MarchTing’s GSM network beta opens. Ting becomes the first North American carrier ever to offer shared usage across two distinct networks, GSM and CDMA.
- JanuaryWestminster, MD names Ting Internet as the partner to light up the Westminster Fiber Network
- DecemberTing announces it will offer gigabit fiber Internet access in the US, starting in Charlottesville, VA.
- NovemberConsumer Reports releases its annual cell phone service reader survey. We’re pretty happy about it.
- OctoberZipcar founder Robin Chase joins our Board of Directors. She knows a thing or two about disrupting industries.
- MarchTing adds iPhone 5 to the long list of devices that can be brought over and activated.
- FebruaryTing cuts data rates drastically for all customers. People seem to like the idea.
Life at Ting
We’re only as good as our people… and we’ve got great people.
We’re growing and we're looking for talented people to join our team