Collection and Use of Personal Information
While you’re using this site, we collect the following information about you:
- Usage activity about how you interact with it, such as what content you viewed and which areas you visited
- Information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system
- Anything you put into a form on this site
In order to provide you with internet and service for that internet, we also collect the following personal information from you when you’re our customer or in other situations like when you’re still just considering if you’re going to be our customer:
- Contact information such as your name, email address, mailing address, service address, and phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number and billing address
- Other unique Identifiers such as your user name, account number, and a hash of your password (this means we can’t see your actual password)
- See how well we’re doing with website design;
- Fulfill your order;
- Send you an order confirmation;
- Respond to customer service requests;
- Administer your account, including allowing you to (a) login to, navigate, and use our website; (b) view and adjust the services you have purchased from us inside your account; and (c) pay your bill or update your billing information;
- Send you communications about how to use our services;
- Send you communications about new service offerings;
- Solicit your feedback on the quality of our customer service; and
- Respond to your questions and concerns.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
We obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We provide your personal information to our networking partners when you choose our Internet so that they can provide equipment and technology to you at your specified address. We also use certain software vendors to manage our customer support, credit card processing, and fraud detection. Our contracts with each of these companies requires them to keep your information safe and secure and not to share the information with anyone other than Ting Internet. We take this seriously and only select partners we think we can trust with your information. We do not sell your information. We also don’t share your information with anyone we think will use it to market to you. The current list of third parties who may have access to information you give to us is:
- Amazon Connect
- Sage (Intacct)
- Simply Analytics
We use technologies such as cookies to gather information about how you and others interact with our website. For example, we will know how many people access specific areas or features within our site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how this site is used and to provide content and features that are of use and interest to you.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number) to us, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also follow generally-accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Each of us gets regular training about how to handle sensitive data and how important it is.
If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our web site includes publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, you should first log in to your account and review your contact information. If you have difficulties, please contact us at email@example.com.
Notification of Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.