Effective on June 1, 2018
This privacy statement describes how Ting Inc. collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: ting.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number;
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address;
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, and password;
- Usage activity about how you interact with us such as purchase history, what content you viewed, and which areas of our site you visited; and
- Information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order;
- Send you an order confirmation;
- Respond to customer service requests;
- Administer your account, including allowing you to (a) login to, navigate, and use our website; (b) view and adjust the services you have purchased from us inside your account; and (c) pay your bill or update your billing information;
- Send you communications about how to use our services, including your phone(s);
- Send you communications about new service offerings;
- Solicit your feedback on the quality of our customer service; and
- Respond to your questions and concerns.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at email@example.com.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
We obtain address information about you from third party sources, such as the US Postal Service, to verify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud.
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We provide your personal information to the shipping company when you purchase a device from us. We also use certain software vendors to manage our customer support, credit card processing, and fraud detection. Our contracts with each of these companies requires them to keep your information safe and secure and not to share the information with anyone other than Ting. We do not sell or share your information with any third-parties so they can market to you.
We may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about how you and others interact with our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access specific areas or features within our site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used, improve our marketing efforts, and provide content and features that are of interest to you.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number) to us, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also follow generally-accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so.Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, you should first log in to your account and review your contact information. If you have difficulties, please contact us at email@example.com.Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us about this privacy statement by writing or email us at the address below: